With Diwali, Thanks-giving, Hanukkah, Christmas and whatever celebration is close to your heart and family this winter, we wanted to make sure we kept bringing you some of the most exciting, up and coming artists in the NFT world!
Our gift to you in issue 4 is three brand new artists we couldn’t wait to share! All three artists have one common theme- they are all self-taught. Yet despite this commonality, there work vary’s for Microsoft Word created pieces, to multi-medium abstracts and 60s nouveau inspired work. Let’s get into it!
1) Matias Romano An example of a room with three objectsMatias Romano is a self-taught artist and painter from Argentina, travelling around North Africa and Europe to inspire his work.
Dārta Katrīna is a 19 year old line and shape enthusiast from Latvia whose work is inspired by 60s psychedelia and art nouveau.
– Darta’s work is wonderfully unique, her work has a dream-like, utopian feel with contrasting colours and strange, abstract figures.
– Based on a Norse mythological story, ‘Fafnir’ is a man who turned into a dragon to protect his gold.
– The varying emotions portrayed in the dragon’s body suggest Fafnir’s conflict with his decision to become a dragon. The faces suggest regret, reflection, remorse and doubt.
3. Osinachi The Cardinals Finger
Osinachi is a self-taught artist from Nigeria who uses Microsoft Word to create his work and takes advantage of the limited design palette to create his work. Dry Stems Neroli
– Osinachi’s work is well sought after on various platforms such as OpenSea, Portion, Marketplace and Rarible. In 2018 he made history after becoming the first Nigerian artist to showcase their work at the Ethereal Summit in New York.
– We’re obsessed with the colour palette of ‘Cardinals Finger’ and the use of texture within the different blocks of colour
– The use of bright and vibrant colours conflicts with the suggestion of leadership and control, with the large abstract hand and finger reminding the viewer of the power and influence of the cardinal.
Missed out on Issue 1 and 2 of Vapoured Art? You can subscribe HERE and have access to all Vapoured Art issues!
Have a friend who’s an artist who you think could thrive in the NFT art world? Forward this email to a friend and you’ll be rewarded in the near future! (we promise!)
Until next time-
P.S This month’s honourable mentions…
As always there are so many artists we want to be recognised for their talent, here’s a few we can’t help but shout about.